Here are some awesome recipes that are regular hits in our house! If you try one and love it please let me know. If you have any questions about the recipes do not hesitate to send me a message. Check back frequently for new recipes to try!
Insta Pot Amazingness
Fastest Oatmeal Ever!
Sunday morning in our house is usually an excuse to make an elaborate breakfast before we head out on an adventure...but sometimes we just want an easy and quick breakfast. This oatmeal was fast and a hit with all four of us.
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 4 cups of liquid (I used milk but you could use water)
- 2 apples peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter
1. Place all ingredients in Insta pot
2. Close lid and make sure the vent is set to sealing
3. Choose Manual setting and set to 4 minutes on high pressure
4. Quick release pressure when time is up.
5. Remove inner pot and let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow excess liquid to soak up.
6. Add any more desired fruit or sweeter such as honey or agave syrup
Risotto in an Instant Pot!
- 1 and 1/2 cup of arborio rice
- 4 cups of chicken or veggie broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
Press the Saute button, add and melt the butter. Add the onion and stir fry for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent.
Add 1 cup broth and stir for 2–3 minutes until it is absorbed by the rice.
Add remaining 3 cups broth, salt, and pepper. Lock lid, Make sure the vent is closed.
Press the Manual button and adjust time to 10 minutes. When timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
Stir and add parmesan cheese and parsley.
Whole Chicken on a Weeknight
It has been a long time since I wanted to do a Whole Chicken in the oven...then came along the InstaPot! Now I cook a whole chicken on a weeknight!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 celery stocks
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of Rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all the veggies in the bottom of the pot
2. Add water
3. Place trivet on top and then place chicken on trivet
4. Add spices to top of chicken
5. Close lid and make sure vent is set to sealing
6. Choose meat setting and set time to 25 min (if you have a larger bird increase the time 5-10 minutes)
7. Once the time is up let the pressure release naturally
8. Pull out the Chicken and cut away from bones
9. Pull out the veggies and discard, you can save all the amazing broth in the bottom for use later in other dishes that call for chicken broth.
Instant Pot Mac n' Cheese!
- 1 box or 2 cups of GF Noodles
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or cream cheese or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the noodles, water, butter and salt to the Instant Pot.
Secure lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
Quick release pressure as soon as the time is up, then immediately stir in the cheese and heavy cream/yogurt/cream cheese.
Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and serve.
Easy Week Night Meals
Pork Tenderloin, Cauliflower Mash and Roasted Broccoli
1. Prepare pork with a rub of dry mustard, onion powder and garlic salt.
2. Place pork in oven proof pan on stove and sear all sides.
3. Put the pork in the oven at 375 and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 160
4. Let pork rest for about 10 minutes, cut and serve
1. Boil on whole cauliflower until it is fork tender
2. Drain and put back in pot
3. Add 2 tablespoons of butter
4. Use and immersion blender to blend cauliflower together into a mash (if you don't have an immersion blender you can put the boiled cauliflower into regular blender)
1. Cut broccoli to desired size
2. Add to a roasting dish
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt
4. Roast at 375 (at the same time as pork) for 25-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like it
Veggie Mexican Lasagna
- 15-20 corn tortillas cut into strips
- enchilada sauce (we use mild for the kids)
- 1 jar of salsa (we use mild for the kids)
- 1 can of refried beans mixed with a little bit of water to make it easier to spread
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I usually use mozzarella because it melts well)
--> Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Spread 1/3 of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan
2. Place tortilla strips to cover the bottom of the pan
3. Layer on all refried beans
4. Layer in 1/3 of cheese
5. Layer in 1/3 of enchilada sauce
6. Layer of tortilla strips
7. Layer on of the salsa
8. Layer of 1/3 of cheese
9. Layer of tortilla strips
10. Layer last of enchilada sauce
11. Top with remaining cheese
12. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is nice and golden brown.
Sweet Potato Pizza
- 1 to 2 sweet potatoes (I use 2 large for our family of 4)
- 3/4 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 pint of mushrooms thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
--> Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper using olive oil to help it stick down and cover the top with olive oil as well.
2. In a food processor add sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup of cheese, oats and nutritional yeast. Then transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs, coconut oil and salt and pepper to sweet potato mixture and combine well.
4. Transfer mixture to baking sheet and press down into a rectangular shape. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are brown.
5. While the crust is in the oven prepare your toppings. Saute onions and mushrooms in a skillet until caramelized. (This is our favourite but you can add any toppings you like.)
6. Once curst is cooked add toppings and cover with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut and enjoy!
Easy Veggie Gluten Free Lasagna
- gluten free no cook lasagna noodles
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 15-20 chopped mushrooms (or veggie of your choice)
1. Saute mushrooms and onions
2. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with some pasta sauce
3. Place a layer of noodles
4. Place a layer of ricotta cheese
5. Place a layer of sauce
6. Place a layer of noodles
7. Place a layer of ricotta cheese
8. Layer in all the sauteed mushrooms
9. Place a layer of sauce
10. Place a layer of noodles
11. Place a layer of ricotta cheese
12. Place a layer of noodles
13. Place a layer of sauce
14. Top off with mozzarella cheese
15. Cover with tin foil and place in the fridge to heat up later or place in the oven at 425 degrees 40 minutes and then uncovered for another 20 minutes.
**This could be made the night before and stay in the fridge until you need to prepare dinner the next day!**
Vegan Mushroom Alfredo
- 3 cups of mushrooms (I like to use a mix of portobello and cremini)
- 2 cloves of garlic (or table spoon of garlic salt)
- 2/3 cup of cashews
- 1 2/3 cups of water or almond milk
- 3 table spoons of thyme or parsley (your taste)
- 3 Tbs of nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of pasta (or amount appropriate for who you are cooking for)
1. Place the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, mustard and garlic in the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the oil and fry the onion until golden.
3. Increase the heat to medium high and add the mushrooms (you may need to cook them in batches) and the remaining half of the oil. Cook until lightly golden.
4. Add the thyme and the Alfredo sauce from the blender
5. While the mushrooms are cooking cook the pasta according to packet directions.
6. When you add the sauce to the pan take a spoonful of the pasta water and stir through the sauce. Heat until warmed and then remove from the heat.
7. Drain the pasta and add to pan with sauce, mix together and serve.